World’s Greatest Bridges – 13 May 2021 – 13/5/2021 – Thursday – SBS
At 343 metres, the Millau Viaduct over the Tarn gorge in southern France is the world’s tallest bridge and considered by many to be the world’s most beautiful. Engineer Rob Bell meets the design team, including architect Norman Foster and structural engineer Dr Michel Virlogeux, and learns about the innovative and ancient techniques used to build it. London’s Millennium Bridge, Foster’s pedestrian-only thoroughfare, is also featured, including what caused its infamous initial wobble and how it was rectified.
Watched the show? Join the discussion and leave a comment below!Watched this episode? Discuss the show on TV Daily!
About World’s Greatest Bridges
This show is broadcast on SBS.
Latest Episodes of World’s Greatest Bridges
- World’s Greatest Bridges – 20 May 2021 – 20/5/2021 – Thursday – SBS
- World’s Greatest Bridges – 13 May 2021 – 13/5/2021 – Thursday – SBS
- World’s Greatest Bridges – 6 May 2021 – 6/5/2021 – Thursday – SBS
- World’s Greatest Bridges – 29 April 2021 – 29/4/2021 – Thursday – SBS
- World’s Greatest Bridges – 22 April 2021 – 22/4/2021 – Thursday – SBS
Latest Episodes on SBS
About the SBS
The SBS is an Australian free-to-air commercial network, and is one of the five main free-to-air television networks in Australia.
The five main Australian free-to-air commercial networks are:
- Seven Network
- Nine Network
- Network Ten
- SBS (Special Broadcasting Services)
- ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
The Seven Network has the following channels that are broadcast: Seven, 7HD, 7TWO, 7Mate, 7flix and the Racing Network.
The Nine Network has the following channels: Nine, 9HD, 9GEM and 9Go.
The Ten Network has the following channels: Ten, Ten HD, One, Eleven and the TV Shopping Network (TVSN).
The ABC has the following channels: ABC, ABC Comedy and ABC ME.
The SBS has the following channels: SBS, SBS HD, SBS Viceland, NITV and the Food Network.